Sponsored Ads

FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY RUMOURS

3/1/13: Hull City have revealed that Ben Amos is returning to United following his loan at the Championship promotion-chasers. The Tigers Tweeted: "We'd like to thank him for his efforts and wish him all the best for the future." Ben himself took to the social networking site to add: "Just heard United have officially recalled me. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there whilst playing, a great bunch of lads."

3/1/13: Tottenham have completed the signing of Ezekiel Fryers from Standard Liege with the full-back joining their Development Squad. The defender left the Reds when his contract ran out and played in a friendly for Spurs but ended up in Belgium.

3/1/13: ESPN claim United are not only confident of landing Wilfried Zaha in the summer but the club also retain a "mild interest" in buying Wesley Sneijder from Inter Milan. The report speculates that any deal for Zaha would lead to Nani departing while adding Sir Alex is willing to sign Sneijder if he drops his wage demands and the fee is less than £10m.

3/1/13: Bebe has finalised his loan switch to Rio Ave with United also confirming John Cofie and Gyliano van Velzen have returned from stints with Sheffield United and Royal Antwerp.

3/1/13: Ryan Shawcross, long linked with a return to Old Trafford, has signed a new long-term contract with Stoke City.

3/1/13: United's Portugal Under-17 keeper Joel Castro Pereira has spoken to maisfutebol about his future. "My goal is clear," he stated. "To be the future number one of Manchester United. I have to be ambitious. When I walk into Old Trafford, it's where I realise I want to be."

3/1/13: Belgium Soccer suggests Tottenham could try and sign Ezekiel Fryers this month. The defender left United to join Standard Liege last summer when his contract expired at Old Trafford.

3/1/13: The Guardian claims Crystal Palace will do business within a week regarding Wilfried Zaha but only if the buying club agree to loan him back to Selhurst Park for the rest of the season and farm out two or three of their own players to the Eagles. The report claims it's a "deal breaker" and names United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham as the interested parties.

3/1/13: Despite the link involving Nick Powell and a loan move to Peterborough appearing in several dailies, Posh's local newspaper - the Peterborough Evening Telegraph - reports that club officials have played down the speculation.

2/1/13: Cristiano Ronaldo was asked about his contract negotiations during a press conference in Madrid. The former United superstar said: "I don't want to talk about that any more. My contract isn't what's most important now. The most important thing is for us to win our upcoming matches and to fight for La Liga and the Champions League."

2/1/13: Bebe was unveiled before the press in Portugal as he is to join Rio Ave on loan. "Rio Ave are playing a beautiful championship, they have a good coach, who believes in young players. I hope to help the team and to be helped," he is quoted as saying on Portugoal.net. "I’m very happy to be at Rio Ave. I hope to relaunch my career, give everything I’ve got and help the team finish high in the table. [Will I return (to United) at the end of the season?] We’ll see when the time comes."

2/1/13: Talksport are reporting rumours that Nick Powell could be poised to sign for Peterborough on loan. There had been whispers of interest from Leicester over the festive period.

2/1/13: Wigan have revealed on their official website that Angelo Henriquez has joined on loan for the rest of the season. "This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I am really excited after the manager [Roberto Martinez] has given this chance for me to prove myself," said the striker. "Now I need to work to try and earn my place in the team." Henriquez is expected to make his debut in the weekend FA Cup tie against Bournemouth.

2/1/13: Arsenal will drop their interest in Crystal Palace youngster Wilfried Zaha, according to Talksport, if Theo Walcott signs a new deal. Walcott's advisers are reportedly meeting the Gunners to discuss fresh terms and the radio station thinks positive developments "will open the door" for United to sign Zaha.

1/1/13: Voetbal Nieuws reports that Gyliano van Velzen is to return to United from his loan spell at Royal Antwerp but Luke Giverin is to remain for the rest of the Belgian campaign.

1/1/13: The Daily Star start the New Year with a bold story claiming Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard are both United targets. The Chelsea duo are out of contract at the end of the season and Lampard, apparently, has already been told he can find new employers. Duncan Wright's story even claims a double bid could be launched in January, although Chelsea (obviously) do not want to sell to their title rivals.

1/1/13: The transfer window is open again and Roberto Martinez has spoken again about Angelo Henriquez's pending loan move to Wigan. The striker has also been quoted in the Daily Mirror, saying: "I already talked to the manager Roberto Martinez and he told me that I would have more chances. His idea is to have me as a substitute for Arouna Kone. It will then
depend on me taking advantage of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment